We’re diving deep and letting you know fifty reasons you need to try this powerful shot of greens. For some of us, fifty reasons are what it takes…
WHEATGRASS IS intense. And so is this list of fifty reasons get this powerful living green liquid straight into your belly.
Doctors Brian and Anna Maria Clement of the Hippocrates Health Institue are some of the leading voices in the field of natural healing. Just like a shot of fresh wheatgrass, these doctors will give it to you straight. If you’re looking for real, hard-core natural healing guidance we suggest you take the time to check out what they’re doing down in Florida.
Wheatgrass therapy is a practice the Clements highly recommend. Here are fifty reasons to drink wheatgrass that could convince even the most grass-averse reader to throw back a green glassful. Take a gander at these tips – and take note of our favorite way to take the shot: chased with a few sips of one our favorite green juice recipes here. There’s also the option of green powders, our top picks are listed here at every price point.
50 REASONS TO DRINK WHEATGRASS EVERYDAY
1. Wheatgrass Juice is one of the best sources of living chlorophyll available today. However, to get the full benefit, the chlorophyll must come fresh from a living plant.
2. Wheatgrass juice is an effective healer because it contains all minerals known to man, and vitamins A, B-complex, C, E, l and K. It is extremely rich in protein, and contains 17 amino acids, the building blocks of protein.
3. Wheatgrass juice contains up to 70% chlorophyll, which is an important blood builder. The chlorophyll molecules closely resemble that of the hemin molecule, the pigment which combines with protein to form hemoglobin. The major difference is the chlorophyll molecule contains magnesium as it’s central atom, and the hemin molecule contains iron. The molecular structure of these two substances is almost identical in all other respects.
4.Chlorophyll contains enzymes and super- oxide dismutase, a copper-containing protein found in mature red blood cells. This enzyme decomposes superoxide radicals in the body into a more manageable form, thereby helping to slow down the aging process.
5. Chlorophyll is the first product of light and, therefore, contains more light energy than any other food element.
6. Wheatgrass juice contains crude chlorophyll (as opposed to pure) and can be taken orally and as a colon implant without side effects. In addition, scientists have never found wheatgrass to be toxic in any amount when given to either animals or humans.
7. Science has proven that chlorophyll arrests growth and development of unfriendly bacteria.
8. Chlorophyll is antibacterial and can be used inside and outside the body as a natural healer.The United States Army exposed guinea pigs to lethal doses of radiation. The guinea pigs fed chlorophyll-rich vegetables such as cabbage and broccoli had half the mortality rate as those fed a non-chlorophyll diet.
9. Chlorophyll can be extracted from many plants, but wheatgrass is superior because it has been found to have over 100 elements needed by man. If grown in organic soil, it absorbs 92 of the known 115 minerals from the soil.
10. Liquid chlorophyll has the ability to get into the tissue, where it can actually refine and renew them.
11. The bland soothing effect of chlorophyll (wheatgrass) ointments are very beneficial to the treatment of various skin diseases involving the outer and underlying layers of the skin, including: itching and burning of the rectum; ivy poisoning; weeping and dry eczema and even in conditions caused by insect bites or infection.
12. Doctors R. Redpath and J. C. Davis found chlorophyll packs inserted into the sinuses had a drying effect, clearing up congestion, and giving immediate relief. Congested head colds were cleared up within 24 hours.
13. Liquid chlorophyll washes drug deposits from the body.
14. Chlorophyll neutralizes toxins in the body.
15. Chlorophyll helps purify the liver.
16. Chlorophyll improves blood sugar problems.
17. In the American Journal of Surgery (1940), Benjamin Gruskin, M.D. recommends chlorophyll for its antiseptic benefits. The article suggests the following clinical uses for chlorophyll: to clear up foul smelling odors, neutralize Strep infections, heal wounds, hasten skin grafting, to cure chronic sinusitis, overcome chronic inner ear inflammation and infection, reduce varicose veins and heal leg ulcers, eliminate impetigo and other scabby eruptions, heal rectal sores, successfully treat inflammation of the uterine cervix, get rid of parasitic vaginal infections, reduce typhoid fever, and cure advanced pyorrhea in many cases.
18. Dr. Birscher, a research scientist, called chlorophyll “concentrated sun power.” He said, “chlorophyll increases the function of the heart, affects the vascular system, the intestines, the uterus, and the lungs.”
19. Wheatgrass juice can dissolve the scars that are formed in the lungs from breathing acid gasses. The effect of carbon monoxide is minimized since chlorophyll increases hemoglobin production.
20. Wheatgrass is high in oxygen like all green plants that contain chlorophyll. This is beneficial because the brain and all body tissues function at an optimal level in a highly- oxygenated environment.
21. It is a nutritionally complete food which will sustain the growth and development of laboratory animals and humans alike. Wheatgrass has what is called the grass-juice factor, which has been shown to keep herbivorous animals alive practically indefinitely.
22. Wheatgrass juice is a superior detoxification agent compared to carrot juice and other fruits and vegetables.
23. The starch of the wheat berry is stored energy which when converted to simpler sugars is a quick energy source. It is especially good for athletes because it is a juice and is assimilated in 20 minutes or less, and uses very little of the body’s energy to extract the nutrients…
24. Because 1 ounce of juice equals 2 pounds of produce nutritionally, it naturally shuts off the appestat in the brain.
25. Wheatgrass contains a full spectrum of vitamins and minerals, including the thirteen essential ones, combined with dozens of trace elements and enzymes.
26. Wheatgrass juice is an effective healer because it contains all minerals known to man, and vitamins A, B-complex, C, E, l and K. It is extremely rich in protein, and contains 17 amino acids, the building blocks of protein.
27. Farmers in the Midwest who have sterile cows and bulls put them on wheatgrass to restore fertility. (The high magnesium content in chlorophyll builds enzymes that restore the sex hormones.)
28. Wheatgrass juice cures acne and even help to remove scars after it has been ingested for seven to eight months. The diet, of course, must be improved at the same time.
29. Wheatgrass juice acts as a detergent in the body and can be used as a body deodorant.
30. A small amount of wheatgrass juice in the human diet helps prevent tooth decay.
31. Wheatgrass juice held in the mouth for 5 minutes will help eliminate toothaches. It pulls poisons from the gums.
32. Gargle wheatgrass juice for a sore throat.
33. Drink wheatgrass juice for skin problems such as eczema or psoriasis.
34. Wheatgrass juice helps to keep the hair from graying.
35. Pyorrhea of the mouth: lay pulp of wheatgrass soaked in juice on diseased area in mouth or chew wheatgrass, spitting out the pulp.
36. Wheatgrass juice improves the digestion.
37. Wheatgrass juice is an excellent skin cleanser and can be absorbed through the skin for nutrition. Pour green juice over your body in a tub of warm water and soak for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off with cold water.
38. Wheatgrass implants (enemas) are great for healing and detoxifying the colon walls. The implants also heal and cleanse the internal organs. After an enema is evacuated, implant 4 ounces of wheatgrass juice. Retain for 20 minutes.
39. Wheatgrass juice improves arthritis. Soak a cotton sock with 6 ounces and place on affected area, cover with plastic bag.
40. For minor eye irritation apply strained wheatgrass juice mixed with half pure water in an eye cup for 15 – 30 seconds.
41. Massage 6 ounces into the scalp and cover with shower cap for 15 minutes to help eliminate dandruff.
42. Wheatgrass juice can be used as a douche for many feminine complications.
43. Wheatgrass juice is great for constipation and keeping the bowels open because it is high in magnesium.
44. Wheatgrass juice reduces high blood pressure and enhances the capillaries.
45. Wheatgrass juice can remove heavy metals from the body.
46. Wheatgrass juice is great for blood disorders of all kinds.
47. Another benefit of wheatgrass is you can grow it in just about a weeks, right in your own home.
48. Wheatgrass is gluten-free because it’s cut before the grain forms.
49. Dr. Earp Thomas said, “Wheat is the king of all grain foods”. He found that an ounce of wheatgrass in a gallon of fluoridated water would turn the fluorine into harmless calcium-phosphate-fluoride compound. Used in wash water it adds softness to the face and hands. In the bath, it is most soothing. It stops bleeding, eases itching, and helps sores and pimples to heal. Dr. Thomas further discovered that fruits and vegetables contaminated by sprays were thoroughly cleaned and the negative food transformed by wash water with a wisp of wheatgrass placed in the water.
50. And finally – by taking wheatgrass juice, one may feel an increase in strength and endurance, renewed health and spirituality, and experience an overall sense of well-being.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
You might also like
More from Health Drinks
Ailments like piles, skin disease, problems related to the eyes, uterus, leprosy, bleedings and gynaecological problems can be cured through …
Most people think of celery as a good low-calorie snack to satisfy their crunch cravings, but the actual health benefits …
The red wine is composed of piceatannol, among other elements, which helps to lose weight, since it helps the fat …