The Spirulina is a type of micro-algae that grows in fresh water, so it does not contain iodine. It has many beneficial properties for the body and can be used both in food as superfood , and in the cosmetics . Obviously, all these properties are maintained in quality products and Italian production . Please remember to inform more on the cultivation and origin of Spirulina you choose !!!
Here are 10 reasons why you should try it!
1) And ‘ rich in protein: it has been scientifically proven to help increase the production of antibodies.Since the Spirulina is composed of about 60% protein, it is particularly useful for increasing the production of macrophages, a type of white blood cells, which helps to fight infections. Those who follow a vegetarian diet or vegan take Spirulina to compensate for the deficiencies of protein and integrate them to the diet.
2) Against allergies : inhibits allergic reactions, it is recommended to those suffering from allergic rhinitis.
3) To treat anemia : it helps increase the production of red blood cells, as it is very rich in iron , and increases this function, when taken in combination with vitamin B12 (this is also partly in Spirulina ).
5) It strengthens the immune system : it contains all the essential amino acids, some important minerals such as calcium, magnesium and zinc, many vitamins (especially B) and Omega 6, an essential fatty acid.
6) It has a strong detoxifying power : it helps cleanse the body, removing the heavy metals and toxins such as body: mercury, arsenic, cadmium, pesticides, food chemicals and environmental carcinogens.
7) It lowers the level of cholesterol : The gamma linolenic acid content in the microalgae, is useful for the regularity of menstruation and to keep down the level of cholesterol.
8) To lose weight : Combined with a healthy and balanced diet, Spirulina helps to remove the extra pounds as it facilitates the formation of lean muscle mass, thanks to the considerable amount of protein.
9) Improves memory and the ability to concentrate: the amino acid L-tryptophan increases the production of melatonin and serotonin, which affect the ability to concentrate and memory.
10) It ‘good for the skin, nails and hair : the Spirulina has an antioxidant action, moisturizing and toning on our skin. It also makes hair shinier and strengthens nails.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
More from Healthy Foods
Most people think of celery as a good low-calorie snack to satisfy their crunch cravings, but the actual health benefits …
Older adults who take a novel antioxidant that specifically targets cellular powerhouses, or mitochondria, see age-related vascular changes reverse by …