Firefly jars are easy and fun to make, and they don’t require any form of firefly mutilation. The elements needed to make one are barely any and can be made in a couple of minutes flat. These jars are perfect party deco if you’re thinking of holding one at night and they’ll throw around some truly psychedelic lights to mesmerize one and all!
TIP: Glowsticks last anywhere between 4 to 12 hours, so don’t bother making the lamp well in advance.
Now to start off with the procedure, all you need is:
In this case, medium sized crystal glass jars are the best ones to get your hands on.
Have enough to fill up the jars completely. You’ll need a lot, but it would be worth the awesomeness.
Glitter will help in reflecting and refracting the glow in different colors jazzing the feel of the glowsticks. Use colorful glitter to get a variety of effects.
1. Clean the jar thoroughly from within. No speck should be visible.
2. Crack and cut open one end of the glowsticks. Empty them one after another inside the jar.
3. Glitter should either be added in small installments after emptying each glowstick, or can be added in the end after the jar is filled with the liquid.
4. Cap the jar tightly, and shake it vigorously to disperse the glitter evenly inside the jar.
5. Place the jars strategically in dark corners as a decorative piece to let the fun begin!
PS: No Fireflies were harmed in this process.
Pic courtesy: happilynesting.wordpress.com ; thegoldjellybean.com
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.